My friend, Donna, prepared this dessert for Easter Dinner. She pulled it together quickly using a pineapple with ingredients from the pantry and refrigerator. This is the kind of light, fresh tasting finish to a meal that I really enjoy. The recipe makes two servings
- Fresh pineapple cut in to 2 inch long wedges
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mathilde Poire (Pear) liqueur
- Mint for garnish
- Preheat the broiler
- Place pineapple wedges on a small sheet pan under the broiler for about 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- In the meantime, heat brown sugar and pear liqueur together in a small saucepan until the sugar caramelizes.
- Arrange pineapple in individual serving dishes, spoon caramel over the top and garnish with mint leaves.